Monday, January 31, 2011

#280 Apple Adulation

Have I mentioned before Eric’s love of all things Apple? Hopefully you can read the sarcasm in that sentence. Eric was the reason I first went to the Apple store (and even knew there was an Apple store) here in Charlotte. He needed something fixed on his laptop so we went to the genius bar and they took care of it.




When a friend of mine was thinking about getting a Macbook, it was Eric’s advice we solicited.



I didn’t want to mention this in yesterday’s blog because we hadn’t given it to him yet, but my husband is now the proud owner of an iPad. Eric would be so jealous—or maybe not, maybe he’d already have his own.



My parents, in-laws, brother-in-law and husband’s grandmother and aunt all chipped in with me to get this amazing gift for my husband. I knew he really wanted one and I also knew he didn’t think there was a chance he was getting one. It was fun to watch him open the box and see his eyes get wide. He immediately left for the Apple store to pick out a case. He played with it all last night and was complaining about having to actually work this morning because it was cutting into his playtime.



I love getting people I love things that they love--especially when it’s unexpected. I wish Eric could have been here to appreciate it and advise me on which one to get. I’m sure he and my husband would have had hours of conversation debating the pros and cons of the different varieties and apps. I’m sure Eric would have found some amazing apps that maybe we will or won’t find on our own.



I just miss knowing what he is thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment