Sunday, January 16, 2011

#265 Ear infections

My baby, the four year old one, has an ear infection. He has probably had it for about a week, but it was officially diagnosed about 5 days ago and he was started on antibiotics. Since then he’s continued to get worse (developed fever) and I think he has a cold on top of it all. We’ve changed his antibiotics and I’m sure he’ll get better soon, but in the meantime he’s miserable. He was actually in really good spirits until today when I think he finally started feeling sick and he has been clingy and miserable. You know your child isn’t feeling well when he hugs your leg and curls up on the kitchen floor as you empty the dishwasher. Right now he’s napping and hopefully he’ll wake up feeling better.




Eric had lots of ear infections as a baby. When we were little we used to ask my parents to tell us about when we were babies. It fascinated us that there was this whole part of lives that we couldn’t remember. My mother was usually able to come up with a cute little anecdote about me, but for Eric she would just say, “You cried”. It became a family joke. Of course it was because he had those ear infections, but he was also just a fussier more demanding baby than I was. My parents thought they were amazing parents until he came around and they realized what a difference temperament makes…..



Eric also used to throw his head back whenever anyone who was carrying him walked through a doorway. He would then hit his head on the doorway and cry some more. All of those minor head injuries probably explain a lot about his personality….



I hate that my baby is sick, and I know it was no fun for my mother when Eric or I were sick. Hopefully we’ll all be well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment