Thursday, January 27, 2011

#276 Patches

Boy have patches changed since Eric had to wear them! The upshot of today’s appointment is that no glasses are needed right now, but that my little guy needs to wear a patch for 2 hours a day for the next 2 months and then get re-checked. Our patches are awesome. We have camouflage ones and pirate ones and the one he wore today with planets and stars. Right now he thinks he is the coolest kid in school and keeps checking to make it sure it’s still there even though I’ve assured him it won’t fall off. (it has its own adhesive) Hopefully he’ll continue to think this is cool through the next 2 months and hopefully we won’t have to deal with it after that.




I remember when Eric first started patching. He had a pirate patch with elastic that went around his head and I can remember him lifting it up to better watch cartoons. My parents moved on rather quickly to the adhesive patch that was harder for him to sneak around. Of course it was plain brown, not cool like ours.



I haven’t yet told my little guy that Uncle Eric wore a patch. I’m saving that news for when he decides he doesn’t want to wear it. I’m hoping he’ll think that being like Uncle Eric is cool and go back to liking the patch. I think it’s pretty cool to be like Uncle Eric, even if this isn’t exactly the way I’d prefer he go about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment