Saturday, January 22, 2011

#271 Wipeout!

I have written before about the TV shows that Eric introduced us to (#134). They included Sponge Bob Square Pants (before having kids even), Trading Spaces, and Reno 911 among others. Today my husband and kids are curled up on the couch watching a show that I think Eric would have liked. Ok, curled up is probably not the right term, probably not manly enough, I guess they are perched or maybe just sitting…




They are watching Winter Wipeout. This is a show where a bunch of idiots strap on life vests and try to overcome insurmountable obstacles in a timed trial. Those who complete the course the fastest move on to the next nauseating (literally—they spin you) level and compete again. The ultimate winner gets money; I think $50,000, not nearly enough for the torture they go through.



Sometimes the show is funny, the contestant hits an obstacle just right and goes flying in a really hysterical manner, but mostly I just find it and the participants dumb. But I like that my boys are bonding over it. And I feel sure that Eric would have liked it as well. In fact I think he would have loved it.



It doesn’t really upset me that he’s missing out on such low culture, but I hate that he has to miss out on anything at all. Especially something that I know my husband and kids would love to share with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment