Tuesday, February 1, 2011

#281 Deep Thoughts

I’m sitting here wondering if I think about Eric too much. Is that possible? Does it matter? I think about him all the time. This morning he was there in my mind on the drive to drop my son off at school, in the drive-through at Starbucks and many times already as I’ve been at work. Part of it is related to this blog—I know I need to write something for today, but not all of it.




How much is normal? I don’t know. I started thinking about how much I think about the other loved ones in my life, but I guess I don’t really pay attention. I think about the new baby an awful lot, mostly because he’s attached to me and makes it hard for me to move and I can’t believe he’s going to be here three weeks from tomorrow!



I have already written 2 emails concerning my older son—one for school and one for his religious school choir, and am waiting on a reply from my other son’s Tae Kwon Do teacher.



My husband and I have already emailed back and forth on various mundane topics including the electrician’s morning visit (thankfully no big deal) and summer camp for the kids.



I have checked in by text with a friend of mine who recently had a baby, and I know I will be talking to my parents this afternoon as I usually do. I’ve also exchanged emails with some other friends.



I guess when the people I care about are here and I can interact with them everyday I don’t think about how much I think about them. My thoughts about Eric don’t interfere with work or life so they’re probably not excessive. It will be a sad day for me if I ever realize I haven’t been thinking about him as much. I guess that means I think about him just the right amount.

1 comment:

  1. The blog is a daily devotion to him--and you probably have to think about what you want to write---so, in a way, even if you weren't thinking about him, but thinking about your daily blog, you'd be thinking about him--which is a long way of saying, I think it's hard to know what the answer is.

    ReplyDelete