Sunday, January 23, 2011

#272 Addiction

Whose bright idea was it to shoot birds from a slingshot at pigs? And why am I addicted to this game?? Angry Birds is an iPhone app that my family and I have recently discovered and to which we are addicted. All of us. Even the four year old. My husband has an iPhone and we have two iPod touches that the boys use as gaming systems and movie players. Once they go to bed, I use one of the touches. It’s a little insane. The only reason I don’t have an iPhone is because of my service contract with Verizon, but next month that will no longer be an obstacle and hopefully I’ll have one of my own.




The touch that I use was originally Eric’s. In a typical rush of generosity he bought Katie a MacBook (otherwise known as a laptop) and got a free iPod touch with the purchase. He was planning on selling it, but never got around to it. We got it and have put it to very good use. Nothing beats the touches for long car trips or airplane rides with kids. I’m actually surprised that Eric didn’t have an iphone or feel a need for the touch.



Eric was a huge Apple fan. He had one of their laptops and loved it, that being the reason he got one for Katie. He knew how much she could use it at work and at home.



Thinking back, I’m shocked that he had a blackberry and not an iPhone, but perhaps, like me, he was locked into a service contract he didn’t want to pay to break.



He would certainly have one by now and would probably have introduced us to Angry Birds a long time ago significantly decreasing our production and interaction with each other. Although, we do talk about Angry Birds, so maybe it actually increased our interaction….. And we only play it at home (I can say that with certainty for me and the kids, not so sure about my husband….) so at least so far, our production is not suffering.



Eric would have been delighted with the iPhone, the iPad and all the apps. I’m sure I would be sick of listening to him rave about them by now so instead I’ll rave about them for him. Especially Angry Birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment