Sunday, January 2, 2011

#251 New Life

I just found out that a friend and neighbor of mine gave birth to a baby girl yesterday. It had been a long road to pregnancy for her and after years of trying, several miscarriages and the adoption of a beautiful little girl she got pregnant when she wasn’t even trying. It figures. I can’t tell you how happy I am for her and her family, and how happy I am that her daughter shares a birthday with Eric.




Yesterday was a really weird day. It was a celebration of sorts, of the New Year and of Eric’s birthday, but it was also mournful and sad. It didn’t help that the weather was gray and drizzly, or that my husband wasn’t feeling well, or that the Big 10 lost all of their bowl games.



My parents, husband and I toasted Eric with champagne and in the same toast wished for a happy and healthy New Year. It was a day of opposites and competing emotions.



I’m glad that new life came into the world yesterday and that I’m aware of it. I can’t wait to go buy her something pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment