Friday, January 21, 2011

#270 Minivan!

I bought a minivan yesterday. I actually went to the dealership myself, researched it myself and purchased it myself. My husband didn’t lay eyes on it until after the deal was done (although there was much discussion). I don’t know why I felt I needed someone else to be there with me, but it felt odd to make such a huge purchase by myself. I did it though. And I really like it.




I wonder what Eric would make of it. I think he would really like it too. It has all kinds of gadgets and gizmos that the boys (my husband included) are still figuring out. There are buttons to open and close the doors and windows in various places. There are seat heaters and a DVD player with two, yes two, fold down screens. There is an in-dash navigation system with satellite radio and who knows what else that we haven’t even figured out yet.



It’s not pretty or stylish. It doesn’t handle like my luxury SUV did. But boy is it handy! And now I have a car that can actually transport the whole family at once with room to spare. When the grandparents come to visit we won’t have to take two cars everywhere.



Actually Eric probably wouldn’t approve because it’s not a luxury minivan. I don’t know if they make such a thing, but if they did, he would want me to buy it. It would probably have a swimming pool (or at least a jacuzzi), a full bar complete with bartender and at least one Apple product (laptop, ipod, ipad) per passenger. Sorry Eric, I got the most options for the least amount of money and I’m going to be happy with that.

1 comment:

  1. I am all for minivans, especially for the fact that you are in the stage of your life that having a minivan is actually what makes a great deal of sense. I wrote a piece a while back called, I know you hate my minivan, and aside from the easy-to-leave--crumbs-on-the-floor factor, I love it even more now than I did then...congratulations on your new set of wheels!

    ReplyDelete