Tuesday, January 4, 2011

#253 Snow

I heard on CNN this morning that it snowed in Las Vegas, there was accumulation on the strip for the first time, possibly, ever. It snowed in Vegas last December too.




The first few days we were there were nasty and rainy. I remember I had only brought the shoes I was wearing and they were suede and I had to run through the hospital parking lot full of puddles in the dark. Amazingly, I didn’t wreck them. Although I would trade outcomes…..



I don’t remember how long we had been there, but one night in our hotel suite we realized it was snowing. It was almost magical to see the snow flurries fall past the balconies. I remember calling the kids over to see it. And then remembering why we were there and wondering how anything could possibly seem magical. There was no accumulation that time and we quickly forgot about it.



I have reached a point in my life where snow is more about aggravation and slick roads than magic and the excitement of snowmen and sledding. Every once in a while it’s nice to find it magical again. Even momentarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment