Thursday, February 24, 2011

#304 AWE

The dreaded C-section is over. I survived and we now have a beautiful new member of our family. My new baby boy was born yesterday at 1:50 PM and was 7 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. We are both doing well.




This new little man is adored by his older brothers who couldn’t stop touching him and fighting over who was going to hold him next. His parents and grandparents think he’s pretty cool too.



In a previous post I discussed the meaning of names. I told my parents they had cursed themselves with Eric’s difficult behavior since his first and middle names mean ever-powerful and manly. I guess no one will be able to tell me I didn’t bring it on myself since we gave him the same names, only in the reverse order.



I’d like to introduce Andrew Eric. Together with our last name his monogram is AWE. Eric would definitely have approved of that.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He's Beautiful!!! Love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing!!!! Aren't babies awesome?! Hope you are recovering nicely from your c-section. It always feels good to get home. Well congratulations! Do a lot of group hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Andrew is absolutely beautiful. We have just caught up with your blog and great to see your beautiful new son. Of course we love his name and wish you all the best. My son Blake has just seen the picture and said "wow he's cute and I bet he'll look a lot like Eric". Thinking of you always and sending love and hugs from New Zealand.
    Elizabeth and family xxx

    ReplyDelete