Thursday, February 17, 2011

#297 Tennis

Once again I’m not working and I’m late with a blog. At this point I am running around trying to get a million things done before the baby comes and just haven’t had a chance to sit down and write. I contemplated no blog and almost went through with it. But here I am. I know I will be missing days next week after the baby comes, but I don’t want to start this early.




This afternoon I took my older son to his Tae Kwon Do class and then we watched my younger son in his gym class until it was time for us all to go home. My younger son’s class was learning tennis today. It was adorable. They had a mini-net set up in the middle of an indoor gym with a court delineated with colorful plastic mini-cones. The kids were placed in two lines and the gym teacher and an assistant lobbed balls over the net to them. Each line had a classroom teacher helping and each kid got one chance to hit the ball him or herself and if they missed the teacher helped them hit the next one. They all had a lot of fun, but my son had a great day. He figured out how to hit the ball on his second try and didn’t miss after that. He would jump up and down, pump his fists and scream yes every time he hit the ball. When they were done he looked at me and said, “Best day ever!” I may need to sign him up for tennis lessons.



It made me think of Eric. I never knew he liked to play tennis until he moved to Las Vegas and started playing with a “friend”. I was curious because he seemed to spend an awful lot of time with this “friend”, but he assured me there was nothing going on. Well, it turned out he was wrong; he just hadn’t figured it out yet. His friend was Katie. If tennis could bring Katie into Eric’s life, then maybe I should sign both boys up for lessons.

1 comment:

  1. We were just friends... and then after we stopped playing tennis for seven months I think we figured out we were the perfect partners for each other for a lifetime match.

    ReplyDelete