Friday, February 18, 2011

#298 Whining

There’s nothing like the last month of pregnancy to turn you into a whiner. I’m huge. It hurts to walk. I can’t find a comfortable position in which to sit. I can’t sleep. I’m hungry but food gives me heartburn. And yes, I know, I volunteered for all of this. And I also know that it’s going to be harder, although in different ways, once the baby is actually here.




There’s nothing like premature death to remind you why you shouldn’t be whining. At least I’m here. At least I can still see, touch, hug, talk to my loved ones. I can enjoy the beautiful weather we’ve had for the last couple of days. I have a future to anticipate.



So I’m going to try and suck it up and deal. I’m going to get through the next 5 days until the baby is here and then I’m going to keep going. I’m going to do my best to keep all the balls in the air and take care of myself, my kids, my husband and maybe even my house. At least I won’t need to worry about work for 2 months. But I’ll deal with that when it comes too.



Because I have the privilege of still being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment