Saturday, February 19, 2011

#299 Nests

Eric always loved the bathtub. When he was little he would wake my mother before sunrise and demand a bath. Later, he and I would take our sleeping bags and sleep in the bathtub (sans water, of course). Still later, he would do his homework or just sit and read a book in the bath. He was a big fan.




My kids like enclosed spaces. They will read or play with their iPod Touches in the closet. Or in a cardboard box. Or on the couch completely covered with a blanket.



Today my oldest son decided to watch his Touch in the bathtub. He crawled in there with 2 pillows and a Snuggie, made himself a nest and was happy in there for over an hour.



I like enclosed spaces also. I like the corner of the couch and at restaurants I like to sit in the back and face the door. My mom and I often fight over this spot. I don’t get the bathtub thing though. When I was little our pediatrician said I had to stop taking long baths because I had eczema and it dried my skin out too much. Later, I just didn’t take to them. I did like “sleeping” in there with Eric, but decided it was much too uncomfortable way before he did. It would not be my nest of choice.



My son must have gotten that from Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment