Saturday, February 5, 2011

#285 Baseball

Today my husband took the boys out bright and early and signed them up for Little League. My oldest son has already played 2 years of Tee-ball and is moving up to machine pitch. My younger son is thrilled to finally be old enough to play. For the last two years he’s been watching his older brother play and not very patiently waiting his turn. It’s been a challenge to keep him off the field.




After sign-ups they went out for breakfast (I told you it was early!) and then to a sporting goods store to buy cleats and other supplies. They are both so excited, and truthfully so is their dad. My husband has helped to coach the last couple of years, but not this year as we’ll have a new baby and the logistics are already going to be tough enough with two kids playing. I’m sure he’ll go back to coaching in the future though. Although I find it as boring as watching grass grow (except when my kids are playing) baseball is my husband’s favorite sport and he’s working hard to cultivate that in our kids.



Eric on the other hand was very anti-baseball. In his little league days he was the kid in the outfield with a magnifying glass trying to start a fire. No joke, he really did that. Or maybe he just used his own glasses, but still baseball was not his thing. Friends of his had a baby, and this was the blanket he made (well, modified) for them.







Even so, I know Eric would have been proud to cheer on his nephews. He was just that kind of guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment