Wednesday, March 2, 2011

#305 I'm back

It’s been a week since I’ve written a blog. In some ways I’ve missed it, in other ways it’s been nice not to have the pressure of writing one everyday. I enjoy writing them, but it’s always nagging at me until it’s done for the day.




In that week I’ve spent a lot of time high on pain meds staring at an incredibly beautiful, incredibly tiny face. I’ve also had a house full of family and been very sleep deprived. And have I mentioned the pain meds?



Yesterday I had a moment where I reminded myself to call Eric and tell him something. That hasn’t happened in a long time. I don’t know if it’s the pain meds, the sleep deprivation or just me missing him, but his loss hit me all over again. We are having a bris for my new son tonight and Eric should be here. We will be honoring him with both the English and Hebrew names for my son, but I’d rather he be here.



And I know I’m not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment