Tuesday, February 22, 2011

#302 Getting Old

Wow, I knew I was right when I was writing yesterday’s blog post, I just didn’t know how right I was. Apparently I am already obsolete. Or at least blogging is. According to both Time magazine and CNN this morning, blogging is losing favor with the young and hip. They have moved on to social networking sites like facebook and twitter and given up on the “long” format.




First of all, I didn’t know these posts were long. Second of all, I love facebook, but it doesn’t let me express myself the way this blog does. Third of all, I still can’t figure out how to make twitter useful in my life. I guess that’s because I’m not young and hip anymore…if I ever was to begin with.



I wonder where Eric would be on the technology spectrum. Until yesterday I would have guessed that he would be with all the young and hip people, and that could still be right. Except that yesterday even my totally tech savvy husband admitted that twitter doesn’t do all that much for him.



I think we’re getting old. And I hate that not only can’t we know where Eric would stand on this issue, but that he’s not getting old with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment