Sunday, March 13, 2011

#316 Elephant Lamp

It seems like half of the blogs I write are about things that Eric has given me. I’m lucky to have had such a generous brother, and also lucky that I still have so many things around to remind me of him.




Several years ago, when we were still living in Oklahoma, Eric gave me a lamp with an elephant base. I collect elephants, so this was a pretty cool gift. It was a little glitzy for me, but I put it on my bedside table anyway. I don’t think I ever used it though. I don’t read in bed. I read, a lot, but on the couch and then I go to bed.



When we moved to North Carolina the lamp came and resumed its place on my nightstand. It continued its neglected life there.



Our house is configured with a downstairs master bedroom and 2 more huge bedrooms upstairs. I don’t want to be running up the stairs several times a night to feed a newborn, so he is living in our room for the time being. We have a co-sleeper attached to my side of the bed, a changing table, and multiple bins and baskets full of various baby stuff. The first time I tried to change the baby’s diaper in the middle of the night I realized it was too dark to see what I was trying to clean. I didn’t want to wake my husband by turning on the room light, so I turned on the bathroom light and used the trickle that made it from there to the changing table. The next day we moved the elephant lamp from my nightstand to my husband’s dresser which is next to the changing table. It’s perfect.



Thanks, Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment