Monday, March 21, 2011

#322 Lawn Javelins

I have mentioned again and again in these pages about the large and occasionally loud gifts that Eric has given to my kids over the years. This time I’m going to show you. We spent most of yesterday driving home from Savannah. It takes a really long time when you are travelling with a passenger who screams when he is hungry and doesn’t stop screaming until you give in and stop and feed him. Unfortunately there is no safe way to feed him while still driving.




When we got home it was dinner time and we had two stir crazy boys. After dinner we went out to play in the backyard. For a while the boys were happy on the swings and playing basketball. Then they opened the outdoor toy chest and pulled out the lawn javelins. These are easily three feet long and luckily for me are soft and blunt tipped. They were a gift from Eric; one he never got to see them enjoy. They love them and they happily threw them to (at?) each other until it was time to come in for bath and bedtime.



I love seeing them enjoy something from Eric. I hate that he can’t see it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment