Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#312 Writer's Block

It’s 7:30 pm and I just realized I haven’t written a blog today. It’s amazing how quickly the days are passing and how little I’m getting done. I’m lucky if I get in a shower (I did today!). Part of that is because new babies just take up a lot of time. Part of that is I’m still moving slower as I recover from the c-section. Part of that is never wanting to put the baby down. I know how quickly this stage passes and it’s never going to happen for me again. I’m cherishing every moment—well, almost every moment, I still don’t like waking up every 2-3 hours for overnight feeds and that’s only if he falls asleep in between….




Still, you’d think I could find time to write a blog. After all, the little peanut is snoozing on me as I write this. I think the real issue is I haven’t been able to come up with a topic for today’s blog. I was hoping that if I just started typing something would come to me. Sometimes that works. Today, no such luck.



Well, I’m sure even Eric experienced writer’s block sometimes, be it with his science fiction novel or the book of poetry he wrote for Katie. I’ll try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Liz,
    I just found your blog and I find it profound. I, too, lost my brother to a catastrophic brain bleed, suddenly and without warning. I, too, write about him in my blog.
    I lost Dan almost exactly one year after you lost Eric. Your writing gives me hope.
    Thank you.
    Gael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got a shower in,Liz!!! very important! ;D

    ReplyDelete