Sunday, March 6, 2011

#309 Holey Scarf

One year when Eric was living in London he sent me gorgeous white cashmere scarf for Chanukah. I love this scarf. It is stylish, goes with everything, and is really soft and warm. Somewhere along the way it developed a hole, but I’ve been wearing it anyway, it’s a small hole and really not visible unless you’re looking for it.




I haven’t worn the scarf all winter; I haven’t worn any scarf all winter. I’ve barely worn a winter coat. I get hot when I’m pregnant. Now that I am no longer pregnant, even our pretty moderate weather is feeling chilly to me. I was cold inside the house today, so I pulled out the scarf. There are now multiple holes. Most are teeny tiny, but some are not. There are multiple other places where you can see the fabric thinning and holes beginning to start. It looks a little bit like Swiss cheese. I have no idea why these holes are occurring, but I probably can’t wear the scarf out in public anymore.



I’m not getting any more gifts from Eric so I hate that one that I have is deteriorating. I’m still wearing it as I type this, but I’m going to have to get a new one for going outside. Next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment