Wednesday, March 23, 2011

#324 Community

I found out today that a friend’s brother died last night. My heart goes out to her and her family. Her brother had cancer and was in terrible pain at the end, so in some ways it’s a relief that his suffering has ended; but of course, my friend and the rest of her family are still hurting. And they will be for a while.




I have also recently come into contact with Gael, whose comments you may have read on the blog, who also lost her brother. She writes a blog about her brother at http://hairballgazette-california.blogspot.com you should check it out.



I don’t want anyone to face that pain, but if you have to, and some of us do, it’s nice to know there are others out there facing it with you. It’s a community I never wanted to be a part of, but a kind of community none the less. I have gotten support from a friend of mine from high school whose younger brother died 10 years before Eric did.  I want these three people and everyone else to know, that I’ll be there for you. Seriously. I have been there and sometimes you just need to talk or rage or be silent with someone. I’ll be that someone if you need it. Anytime.



It’s the least I can do.

1 comment:

  1. Liz, you are wonderful! I too found out that a friend lost a brother this week. This is getting to be a bit freaky but I agree, we need to share the pain and the journey. Thank you for including me in your blog.
    Gael

    ReplyDelete