Tuesday, March 15, 2011

#318 25,000 Mornings

25,000 mornings. According to a commercial I saw for the state of Michigan this morning, that’s how many mornings the average American can expect to have. That works out to about 68 years. Eric had fewer than half of that amount.




The point of the commercial was to make sure that you spend some of your mornings doing something other than sitting in traffic on your way to work. I’m sure the Michigan tourist board would like you to be watching the sunrise or sleeping through it somewhere in Michigan.



I’ve written a lot over the past year about making sure I get the most out of the time I have and this just continues that theme. Not every morning can be about beauty and serenity though.



This morning was crazy. I was up at 4:30 to feed the baby and then made the older boys breakfast making sure to leave the cups of milk in the refrigerator since they wouldn’t be eating it until about 6:30. By the time they were eating it I was back asleep (thank you to my wonderful husband who got them up and through breakfast and got the oldest onto the school bus) until the next feeding at 7:30. After that I pumped, I won’t go into details but I’m trying to build up a supply of milk for when I go back to work, and got dressed so I could take the 4 year old to school. I came back home and had breakfast and then a good friend stopped by to meet the baby.



It was a hectic, non-stop kind of morning and there were times when I wondered how I’m going to keep this up. But I am so lucky. I have three beautiful boys. I have a husband who helps immensely. I have good friends.



Even though I’m exhausted and yes, I’d rather be sleeping through the night instead of in 2-3 hour chunks, I’d count this morning as a good one. I don’t regret using one of my 25,000 this way.

1 comment:

  1. Liz, you are amazing! You remind me every day that we are very, very lucky. We had wonderful brothers and they added so much to our lives. The lessons that they have taught us keep us going and teaching each other.
    Thank you for a hectic, wonderful morning.
    Gael

    ReplyDelete