Monday, March 7, 2011

#310 Baby Rolls

My mother tells a story of how unique Eric was right from the very start. When he was born he was in the newborn nursery and apparently rolled over. I’m suspicious that one nurse turned him over and then went off shift or something so no one else knew and everyone else just thought he turned over. My mother insists he actually rolled, and if he did, that is truly remarkable. I can remember urging my oldest to turn over and even getting on the floor to demonstrate it and he would just never do it. And that was at a few months of age, rolling as a newborn is impressive.




I put Drew down for tummy time for the first time today, and no he didn’t roll over. But he came close! He hated tummy time which wasn’t really surprising considering all of my kids have hated it. He fussed and screamed and lifted his head and his bottom and one leg went higher than the other and he came really close to flipping onto his back. I left him there as long as I could stand the screaming but eventually he tired out and I picked him up and calmed him down. I’m not expecting him to roll anytime soon, but we’ll try tummy time again and see what happens. Knowing my kids, he won’t come close again until he’s one.

No comments:

Post a Comment