Wednesday, September 29, 2010

#157 I'm famous!

Growing up I always knew my 15 minutes (probably more) of fame would come on Broadway. Obviously, that didn’t work out.




As an adult I’ve pretty much given up on my 15 minutes, I don’t need it, I’ve got everything I need already. I occasionally get 15 seconds like when I was on the news last summer discussing UV protection for the eyes (sunglasses for you lay people). Or on stage in last year’s production of Honk!. Its fun and I’d love to do more of it, but overall, I’m pretty content.



Well, today this blog and I are getting our 15 minutes. A friend I met during last year’s production of Honk! writes a column for a local newspaper and when she found out about the blog she asked to profile me. She interviewed me over the summer and the column ran today. I think she did a great job. Thanks Marissa!



I’d also like to thank Steph and my husband who also let Marissa interview them and provided some great background for the article. Steph, that quote from Eric’s email was priceless.



Go ahead and check out the article and pass it (and this blog) along to anyone you think might be interested or helped by it. And as always, thanks for reading.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/29/1715669/blog-helps-sister-mourn-and-celebrate.html

1 comment:

  1. The story about Eric is touching and heart warming, bringing Eric's spirit alive.

    ReplyDelete