Sunday, September 5, 2010

#133 Aunt Liz

Yesterday we visited really good friends and met their new baby boy. It was amazing. I remember six and a half years ago when they showed up in the delivery room with a Grover doll to meet my new baby boy. We have always had our kids call them aunt and uncle, and they have served well in their roles. He even dressed up in the hot, smelly, rented Elmo costume for my oldest’s second birthday. It’s been a long, hard journey for them to start their family and we are thrilled that it has finally happened.




I was introduced to this beautiful baby boy as Aunt Liz. I loved that. I hope that my husband and I can be as good to their kids as they are to ours. Also, with Eric gone and my husband’s brother so far a confirmed bachelor, this may be the only chance I get to be an aunt. I’m grateful for that chance. I brought him some clothes and toys and I’m sure there will be more in the future.



I have spent a lot of blog posts talking about what a great uncle Eric was. I was really looking forward to being an aunt to his kids; he and Katie were planning on a big family. I had already picked out the loud obnoxious toys I was going to buy for them—every kid needs a siren right?



I won’t get to do that now, but I’m lucky that I have amazing friends who will let me stand in as a member of their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment