Tuesday, September 21, 2010

#149 I had nothing

I had nothing today.




I tried to write a blog first thing this morning but I had nothing. I let it go and figured something would come to me later. I got busy at work and forgot about it for a while.



A few hours later I emailed my husband and told him I had nothing. He said not to worry; something would come to me later. I got busy at work again.



After work I took my oldest to swim team and when that was over we picked up the little guy from his school and came home. My husband and I got the boys through dinner, baths and bed and then had our dinners and watched some TV.



It wasn’t until I was cleaning up the kitchen that I remembered I hadn’t posted anything today. At first I was going to let it go. I never specified 366 consecutive days after all. Some days inspiration just doesn’t strike.



But the more I thought about it, the more upset I got. So this may not be very interesting to you and it probably won’t tell you anything you didn’t know about Eric, but for my sanity and my sleep I had to post it.



I still remember, I still mourn, I still miss my brother. Even if I can’t come up with a clever, funny or sentimental way to communicate it today.



Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

  1. The difficulty and logistics of blogging/writing seem secondary to your mission to honor Eric, Liz, but it's still something to give weight to. I think 148 posts on "something" entitles you to a few on "nothing". Once a week is hard enough for me. I just don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete