Monday, September 6, 2010

#134 TV

I am an HGTV junkie and I blame Eric. When Eric visited us in Philadelphia he always found TV shows that we had never seen, but usually liked. Once he discovered Sponge Bob Square Pants and we did like it at the time, although now that I have little boys, the shine has worn off…..



Another time he introduced us to the BBC version of The Office, a truly great show. We also like the American version.

He also introduced us to one of my favorite shows ever, TLC’s Trading Spaces, my first foray into design shows. For those of you who don’t know this show involved two families who each re-decorated a room in the other’s house with the help of a designer. Most of the time the results were good and everyone was pleased, but sometimes there were disasters. Back in the day when we started watching the show, the designs weren’t nearly as sophisticated as they later became, but it was always fun to watch.


I think I’m a decent decorator in my own house, but I still love watching these shows and getting ideas or just lusting after the things I couldn’t afford to do. Eric was always more of a TV watcher than I was, but in this case he has turned me into an addict….at least in this one category. I’ll leave Star Trek, Star Wars and Sponge Bob to him, my husband and my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment