Friday, September 10, 2010

#138 Formal Wear

I was in the car with the kids the other day and my 6 year old asked me if they made tuxedos in his size. I told him they did and asked him why he wanted one. He wanted to look nice for a dinner we were going to. This totally reminded me of Eric. Eric was always very formal and never understood why my parents wouldn’t buy him the three piece suits he requested as a child.




He used to get hand-me-downs from the son of good family friends and I remember his glee whenever a blazer was included. He always had a weak spot for formal attire.



My son gets to dress up about three times a year, for Thanksgiving and his two piano recitals. Usually for the piano recitals I get him a nice button down shirt to wear with slacks. Once I was at Marshalls and for less than the price of the button down shirt I already had in my hand I found an outfit complete with pants, shirt, vest and clip on tie. My son was ecstatic. I guess I should have seen the tuxedo question coming at that point.



I like to dress up as well but more and more it’s a question of whether or not anything fits and not as much fun as it used to be. I’m glad at least one member of my family likes to dress up and will carry on that part of Eric’s legacy. Although I’m still not buying him a tux.

No comments:

Post a Comment