Thursday, December 30, 2010

#248 You're older in Vietnam

I went to get my nails done today and got a little more than I bargained for. I was there before they opened (they supposedly open at 9:30 and that’s when I arrived, but apparently it’s meant to be flexible) and the first person who got there was the owner. Actually he and his wife own it together, but the husband got there first. He got my manicure started and we chatted as we watched the other women come into work.




He, his wife and the other nail technicians there are all Vietnamese. He showed me a book he had gotten that tells you what’s in store for you in the new year based on the month and year of your birth. The first thing you need to know is that you are older in Vietnam than you are here. This is very depressing. Apparently they account for the time you spend in the womb, which kind of makes sense, but they must not be great mathematicians because they add 2 years and I can guarantee you I have not, nor will I ever carry a baby for a whole 2 years.



So after we figured out which section of the book to look in for me, he said I would be having some health issues in the late winter, early spring. I’m putting C-section and recovery in there, so I’m not (too) worried. He also said my financial status would be good, so that’s a relief. I’m not to invest in business with a friend in the fall and I’m to be careful driving in the fall as well.



It turns out he and my husband were born in the same month of the same year so he looked at that one too. Finances aren’t supposed to be great this winter (sorry honey), but there is great joy in the family. Can you say new baby?



Then he said that for him years 31-33 were supposed to be bad, filled with health problems or possibly even death. Guess who that made me think of? And guess who shares a birthday with Eric? Wrong year but right date. Maybe I’ll start paying a little attention to my Vietnamese fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment