Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#225 Annoying little brother

Lately my oldest son has started introducing my younger son as his “annoying little brother”. He’ll make this introduction to complete strangers including wait staff at restaurants, check out people at the grocery store and random people on the sidewalk. His friends are starting to refer to my little one as the “annoying little brother”. I might have to have a talk with my older son…..




Eric was my annoying little brother. As annoying as he was (and oh was he!) we still had so many great times together. I watch my children play together and know that although the older one seems fixated only on the annoyances; they do get along well and have a lot of fun. They can be sweet to each other and genuinely care about the other one. They too will have so many wonderful memories of growing up together.



I think it’s impossible to have a sibling and not find them annoying from time to time. I’m just glad that’s not all there is even if they can’t see it. They will someday. And either we’ll just start calling the little one ALB, or we’ll watch them unite in annoyance against the new little brother who’ll be making an appearance in February.



Please remember to come back tomorrow and share your memories of Eric or other stories on this very painful anniversary. I’m going to need your help getting through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment