Sunday, December 26, 2010

#244 Cold Weather and Hot Chocolate

It’s been a lazy day today. The boys have gone sledding but other than that we’ve been watching movies and football and drinking lots of hot chocolate. I know Eric would approve of the movies and the hot chocolate, he wasn’t into football though.




I can remember going sledding with Eric as a child. There was a sledding hill in our town that, at least in my memory, seems incredibly steep. We had an old fashioned sled on runners and it never seemed to steer the way we wanted it to. I mostly just remember how cold we would get and how nice it was to get home and inside and warm up with hot chocolate.



More than sledding, I remember going cross-country skiing on a local public golf course. It seems like we did this on every snow day, and it was always fun although for me the best part was still coming home, getting warm and having the hot chocolate.



I’ve already mentioned how much Eric loved hot chocolate and that he didn’t need to be cold to drink it, but for me, this is the perfect weather for it. I wish he were here to drink some with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment