Thursday, December 2, 2010

#220 Just another day...

I learned a macabre fact this morning. John Lennon and Eric died on the same day 29 years apart. I decided to see if there were any more similarities in their lives.




Lennon was British, Eric was decidedly not.



Lennon was a famous musician, again, Eric was not.



Lennon suffered a violent, unexpected death, Eric did not.



Lennon lived in the Dakota, Eric and I fantasized about living in the Dakota. Getting a little closer there.



They both wore glasses.



There we go; I have found the fact that ties them together. They both wore glasses. Along with millions of other people. And there are also millions of other people throughout history who have died on December 8th.



I guess there’s no special connection there. It’s just another day of remembering. I’ll be thinking of the Lennons, and all the other unknown families who have lost loved ones on that day, but mostly, I’ll just be thinking of Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment