Saturday, December 25, 2010

#243 Christmas

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate and happy Saturday to those of you who don’t. Eric would be happy to know that my husband’s family has filled his role of providing large and noisy toys for my kids. Both of them made out like bandits with gifts including (but not limited to) pop guns, a music making balance board, a game that squirts water if you touch the wrong place and an arcade basketball hoop that looks like it might take up my whole back yard.




I am again having trouble maintaining a celebratory mood. Certainly not because of a lack of gifts, I got two pairs of earrings one with a matching necklace, a beautiful blown glass vase and some clothes, just to name a few. It’s just that I keep thinking about how Eric might have chosen to celebrate this day.



If his plans had not been interrupted he and Katie would be married and celebrating Christmas together. I’m sure it would be a deeply significant day for both of them. I know they would have honored the religious traditions of the day and also celebrated their relationship with gifts to each other. Last year Eric designed a dress for her, what would he have come up with this year? He surely would have found a way to top that.



I know I’m not the only one missing him today, and I know we’ll all get through it, I just wish we didn’t have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment