Tuesday, December 28, 2010

#246 Eric on my mind

Eric has been much on mind these last few days and I’m not sure why. I’ve been in Iowa which is not a place I have any memories of him being. I don’t think we were ever here at the same time.




Maybe it’s because I’m on vacation and therefore have more free time to think about him. Of course I have more time to think about everything…the children who are already here, the one who is coming, the financial ramifications of an unpaid maternity leave…so much for a stress free vacation.



Maybe it’s because the anniversary just passed and I still can’t believe I’ve lived a whole year without him.



Maybe it’s because his birthday is in a few days and that is also the anniversary of the day we scattered his ashes in my parents’ backyard.



Whatever it is, Eric is on my mind and I’m not in a very good place. Hopefully the second part will change soon.

1 comment:

  1. It's also the end of the year, and I think that makes a lot of us feel a lull in our energy and outlook. I actually don't like New Year's. I'd rather be in the middle of things--not ending or starting them!

    ReplyDelete