Tuesday, November 23, 2010

#211 A Moment of Joy

This afternoon we leave for Savannah to start our Thanksgiving holiday. In the spirit of yesterday’s blog, I’m going to try and stay positive. I’m going to try and really embody the spirit of Thanksgiving this week.




So far I am thankful that we are mostly packed (only shoes and toiletries to go) even though I REALLY didn’t feel like packing yesterday.



I am thankful that we are driving and not flying and hopeful that the TSA will refine their groping techniques by the time we need to fly at Christmas.



I am thankful that my older son got up easily and quietly this morning and managed not to wake his still sleeping brother.



I am thankful that my younger son woke up happy and not upset that his brother had already left for school.



It’s early yet, but I did have a wonderful moment of joy today. As my younger son and I were cuddling before I left for work he started talking to his younger brother. He addressed my belly and said, “Hi baby brother, I’m your big brother. Don’t be scared. I love you baby brother.” Then he started addressing the baby as Joseph. Not sure where that came from, but wow was it cute.



I still miss Eric, I’ll always miss Eric, but I’m going to try to not let that overshadow the holiday for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment