Thursday, November 4, 2010

#192 Sell-out

Should I or shouldn’t I? Should I sell out my blog and get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly or not? Oops I think I just did it. Shutterfly is offering bloggers a deal that if they blog about the FABULOUS SELECTION OF HOLIDAY CARDS, they will get 50 of said cards for free. I like this deal. But this blog is about Eric, not getting free stuff, right? At some point I have to tie it all back to Eric.




And it’s supposed to be meaningful and heartfelt and not blazingly commercial.



So I was torn.



I asked my husband and he told me to do whatever I wanted to do. Thanks.



He also reminded me about the alphabet photo book that Eric made for the boys. I don’t know which website he used to make it but it could have been Shutterfly so therefore this could be a relevant post. (and something which definitely deserves a blog of it’s own at a later date)



It also made me think about how when we got to Las Vegas, our holiday card was prominently displayed on Eric’s refrigerator. He was so in love with his nephews.



Then I started thinking about how we usually use pictures that we take at Thanksgiving and sometimes Eric would be our official photographer. Not this year though.



The thought that pushed me over the edge though, was that Eric would never turn down a deal like this. Free cards? Just for writing? Done. One of the last emails Eric ever sent me was a way to get free frequent flyer miles. It didn’t work, but that didn’t stop either one of us from trying. So with that in mind, I’ve earned my free cards.



Too bad I won’t get to send him one this year.



And in all honesty, Shutterfly does have a great selection of cards and once I figure out which picture or pictures to use, I’ll be choosing one to send.

No comments:

Post a Comment