Thursday, November 11, 2010

#199 Night of Beauty

Tonight my practice is hosting a “Night of Beauty”. We will be having demonstrations and discounts on different products like BOTOX, facial fillers, Obagi skin care and Latisse among others. There will also be music and food and I think it will be a good night. I’m looking forward to it and hope that we have good attendance.




I was looking forward to this event last year too, only I didn’t end up going. The event was a little later in the year last year and was the night in between Eric’s race and when we finally decided to let him go. I was in Las Vegas at his bedside.



I’m not ready for the anniversaries to start. Granted, this event was moved so it’s not really an anniversary, but it’s a reminder. I can’t believe how much time has passed. I can’t believe how much has happened that he doesn’t know about.



Time is the one constant in life. No matter how much we want it to stop rolling forward it never does. No matter how much it seems to make sense that it would all just stop, it doesn’t. And it drags us forward with it.



So while I’m looking forward to tonight and hoping that it goes well, a little part of me is held back in sadness.



It just goes to show that I can connect Eric to anything. I can even connect my make-up and jewelry averse brother, the lover of the “natural” woman, to a night dedicated to making ourselves even more beautiful through artificial means. I’m sure he would love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment