Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#191 Jewelry and Blogging

November is National Blog Posting Month where bloggers are challenged to post something everyday, including weekends, for a month. Since I’ve already been doing this for 190 days, I figured I’d join in. After all, I can be a part of it and still do what I’ve already been doing. I found this at the website for NaBloPoMo http://www.nablopomo.com/ if any of you are interested. So far, the best thing about being a part of this group is they have suggestions for the content of your blog. I may not always stick with their suggestions, but I’m going to use the one for November 2nd, even though this blog will appear on November 3rd.




The suggestion is “Tell us the story of a piece of jewelry you own. Where did it come from, and what does it mean to you?”



This is actually a timely topic for me. On Halloween, three days ago, I was looking for some ghost earrings that I swear I used to have, but couldn’t find. I never did find them, but I found another piece of jewelry given to me by Eric. I have already blogged about the ring from him that I wear everyday and the necklace I made from his keychain, but this was another necklace.



It’s a very artistic design and very pretty, but not really my style and I have never worn it. It’s a silver image of a naked woman. I’m sure Eric thought it was funky and special and that’s why he gave it to me. Either that or he forgot about whatever occasion he gave it to me for and it was the best he could do on short notice. I prefer to think it was the first reason. It was made by a South African artist named Carol Boyes, you can view more of her work here.





I also have another necklace from him that I actually wear a lot. This one is a silver circle that he got when he was living in New Zealand. It is pretty and stylish and I get compliments on it almost every time I wear it. I also love wearing it because it reminds me of him.





I’m lucky to have so many reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment