Wednesday, November 17, 2010

#205 Star Wars footie pajamas (again)

Every time I think I have exhausted the topic of Star Wars footie pajamas, I find something else to write about them. So although I have already written about them repeatedly, here we go again.




Those of you who have been following the blog will remember that last year for Chanukah Eric gave my sons Star Wars footie pajamas, along with light sabers and a huge pop-up Star Wars room/tent thing.



The boys loved it all, especially the pajamas. The weather is finally getting cold enough to pull out the footie pajamas and of course, they both wanted the Star Wars ones. I don’t know how old is too told for footie pajamas, but my almost 7 year old is still crazy for them and I can still find them in his size so I’m fine with it.



We tried on last year’s pajamas and my little guy’s fit. The older one’s sort of fit. He has worn them for a couple of nights but then decided not to wear them again because the sleeves ended at his mid-forearm and that wasn’t comfortable. It’s a rational decision, it makes a lot of sense, but it’s one my husband and I had a hard time with him making. Of course we aren’t going to make him wear pajamas that don’t fit right, but still it makes us sad. We’re not ready for him to be too big for a gift from Eric. We were hoping that he would get one more winter out of them.



Even though the pajamas may have been discarded, the other toys have not. He will have his first sleep over at our house this Friday night and he has already asked if he and his friend can sleep in the Star Wars tent. Yes, of course you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment