Friday, November 5, 2010

#193 Sell-out take 2

Apparently I sold out incorrectly. I got the information from another blogger, got excited and wrote a blog and signed up on Shutterfly’s website. Only I didn’t wait for the instructions from Shutterfly, and now that I have them, I realize yesterday’s blog was not quite enough of a sell out. I didn’t post links to their products, choose a favorite card or tell other bloggers where to go for the same deal. Oops.  You can all stop laughing now.




Since I have already made the decision to use the blog to get the cards, you get to suffer through (enjoy?) another holiday card post. After all, it would be a shame to waste yesterday’s blog and my moral struggle completely. So here goes.



Holiday cards are difficult for me to pick out. As you know from reading this blog, we’re Jewish and that’s not really a Jewish tradition. I didn’t grow up doing this. I really started sending cards once I had kids. We live so far away from so many of our good friends and I wanted to keep them updated on what our kids looked like. I also love getting the cards that my friends send to me and thought I should reciprocate. For most of the year our refrigerator is a hodge podge of holiday cards that I can’t bear to take down.



Having said that I refuse to use any cards that mention Christmas or are overtly religious. Even a small picture of a Christmas tree can ruin a card for me. For me this is a way of keeping in touch, not celebrating a holiday. Sometimes that really limits my choices, but not on Shutterfly.



Here are three different choices that would all work wonderfully for my purposes.



http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/cards-stationery/starlight-joy-christmas-5x7-folded-card?sortType=1&storeNode=93491

I love the simplicity of this card, although the word Joy does make me think of Christmas so might rule it out.





http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/cards-stationery/lovingly-wrapped-american-lung-association-holiday-5x7-folded-card?sortType=1&storeNode=93491

This is another nice, simple card and 10% of the proceeds go to the American Lung Association. Not bad.





http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/cards-stationery/glisten-and-glow-christmas-5x7-photo-card-5x7-photo?sortType=1&storeNode=93491

This one is also tempting since I always have such trouble deciding which pictures to use, and here I get to use a lot of them.



I don’t have a favorite yet, hopefully Shutterfly will forgive me, but I need to do a lot more looking before I can make that incredibly important decision!!



So I think I have now fulfilled almost all of the requirements to get my free cards, if you would like to do the same here’s where to go: http://bit.ly/sfly2010



I hope you all have safe, happy, healthy, wonderful holidays. It’s going to be a rough time of year for me, as all of my Eric anniversaries fall in December and January, but I’ll still get those cards out. As soon as I manage to pick one…

No comments:

Post a Comment