Sunday, November 7, 2010

#195 I totally lost it last night

I totally lost it last night. I started bawling on the couch. All because of “Glee”. Yes, the supposedly happy go lucky high school glee club television show. Every week the show has a theme and the high school students perform a variety of songs around it. The show is hardly realistic, but I enjoy watching it and usually the writers get one or two absolutely hysterical lines in there.




The episode my husband and I watched last night (we are way behind, thank you DVR) centered around the possible loss of one of the character’s fathers. The dad on the show has an arrhythmia which leaves him in a coma, unresponsive with no one knowing whether or not he will wake up. Anyone else see a parallel?



I was doing ok with that. I had my trusty ipod touch and was frantically playing my word games trying to avoid becoming too emotionally involved with the show. I was already dreading the inevitable moment when the father wakes up. It’s television, of course he was going to wake up.



And he did wake up, and I made it through that moment ok too. A little sniffle maybe, but I was dead centered on that ipod and I was controlling it.



Then the actors sang the final song. It was one of Eric’s favorites. One of the ones that he played over and over and over again. It’s one that I heard on the radio an uncanny number of times right after he died. And here it was again. And I lost it. I broke down completely.



I miss you Eric, more than I can ever say.



I’ll leave you with the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment