Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#197 Office Space

What keeps you going? What keeps you getting up day after day? Is it love of work? Is it a need to pay the bills? What keeps you from having an Office Space moment?




If you’ve never seen Office Space it’s a hysterical movie about a fictional employee of a fictional technology company who just decides not to do it anymore. He decides he’s just not going to go to work anymore or pay his bills anymore or really do anything he doesn’t feel like doing anymore. And of course, because it’s a movie, he ends up with a promotion and the girl.



Some days I find it really hard to keep going. I mean why should I go spend 8 hours at work when it could all be over tomorrow? But then again if it’s not over tomorrow I still have bills to pay and kids to feed so I’d better get moving.



What if it ends next week and I wasted all of this time doing stuff I don’t really want to do and I never get to the stuff I really want to do? I try to integrate the stuff I want to do with the stuff I don’t want to do, I mean I socialize and play with my kids and hang out with my husband and go to book club and voice lessons and am even doing a show, but then I’m exhausted and I want even less to do the things I don’t love. It’s a vicious cycle.



I’m just tired. I’m sure being pregnant isn’t helping with that. I think I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment