Friday, October 29, 2010

#186 Lifestyles of the rich and famous

This story should have been about Eric.




http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/29/world/asia/29mumbai.html?pagewanted=1&nl&emc=a22



The story is about India’s richest person, one of the richest people in the world, who has just built himself a 27 story home.



Eric was always good with money and fascinated by it. He was on a financial radio show before he was out of grade school. He understood investing and played the stock market in high school. I always thought he would end up rich and frequently joked about living in his guest house someday.



I’d take a room in the house above.



If he were still here I would send him this article with a note wondering when he was planning on topping it. But I can’t do that now.



I’d love to know his answer, I’m sure it would have made me laugh.



There’s probably no way now that I’m ever going to live in such luxury, but I’m ok with that. If I had it, I’d give it all up anyway if I could live in poverty with Eric. But he probably wouldn’t be satisfied with that.



I guess I’ll just have to find a way to make my own wealth….or make my husband make it…..the guest house thing just isn’t going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment