Saturday, October 9, 2010

#167 Growth

Today my baby (soon to be middle child) turns 4. Wow. All you mothers out there will appreciate how fast the time has gone by. In some ways he still is my baby, his skin is still soft, he still has a little bit of a pot belly, but in other ways he’s all “big boy” and eager to let the world know it.




I wish Eric could see it.



Last Thanksgiving this little man couldn’t really figure out the light saber fighting; now he’ll just about take your head off with one.



Last Thanksgiving he couldn’t hold a real conversation, now he never stops.



So much has changed in a year.



I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I’ve seen Eric and that I’ll never see him again. That’s even more unbelievable than my son turning 4.



I know we’ll all be thinking of Eric as we celebrate and wondering what enormous, loud, crazy, amazing gift he would have given. And while a tiny part of me is relieved not to have to deal with that gift, the larger part of me would give anything to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment