Wednesday, October 13, 2010

#171 Initials

In memory of Eric my husband and I have decided that our new baby’s middle name will be Eric. This would have happened regardless of the gender, but now that we know he’s a boy, it makes a little more sense. My mom called me the other night to let me know that she and my dad don’t think the baby’s first name should start with a J. Why? Well, when you put that together with Eric and our last name, his initials would be JEW. Even though he’ll be one, it’s probably good advice.




This has really gotten me thinking. Are all word forming first initials out? I’d have to say no to that; especially since my oldest’s initials are SAW. If that was our goal, we’d have already failed.



So then I started thinking about words we could make on purpose. NEW? Well, he will be. MEW; too cat like? SEW; too feminine? LEW; we could kill two birds with one stone and have his first name and initials be the same!



I’m not sure this is the best criteria to pick a name for a baby. After all, Eric’s initials were EAR and, before I got married, mine were ERR. Nice going mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment