Wednesday, October 27, 2010

#184 Let the games begin....

The other night after we put the boys to bed my husband and I were watching TV when my four year old came downstairs looking forlorn. “What’s wrong?” we asked. His answer:




“[My older brother] gave me my choice and I chose fun and he is being boring. I want fun [brother]!”



Remember, my boys share a room. We know they talk and play and sometimes fight before finally falling asleep, but as long as it stays relatively quiet and confined to the room we don’t really care. This totally cracked me up. First, that he didn’t understand that tattling to us about a game that was going on after he was supposed to be in bed was not a cool thing to do; and second that he thought I had any control over what older brother was going to do.



I controlled my laughter long enough to get him back up to bed and then my husband and I collapsed into laughter. The best part about the whole thing was how much it reminded me of sneaking into Eric’s room after we were supposed to be asleep and making up games. I’ve written about it here. I’m so glad my boys are making similar memories for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment