Saturday, October 23, 2010

#180 In-laws

My in-laws are here to visit this weekend. No, stop groaning, it’s a good thing! Really! And not just because they could be reading this….




My husband is from Iowa and his parents and the rest of his family still live there although we’re hoping his brother will make the move to Charlotte soon. The visit from my in-laws has reminded me about Eric’s reaction to having a brother-in-law from Iowa.



He was disappointed.



But only because my husband didn’t grow up on a farm. Eric just couldn’t see the point of a suburban Iowan.



I’m pretty sure the first time Eric met my in-laws was without me, on a cross-country road trip that just happened to take him through Iowa. We were hoping my in-laws would greet him out on the front porch in overalls and straw hats, but that didn’t happen.



Over time Eric made a couple more trips through Iowa, always stopping to see my in-laws on his way. In fact, they met his girlfriend before I did when she and Eric were in Iowa for a wedding. I think my in-laws and Eric all enjoyed their relationship immensely.



I’m just sorry it can’t continue outside of memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment