Thursday, April 28, 2011

#350 I'm Not Ready

I signed up for a “Strollercize” class through the Jewish Community Center. I thought it would be a good way to try and lose the baby weight and be social at the same time. The description in the program guide said the class would consist of a 2 mile walk with breaks for upper body work. It sounded good to me.




I did the first class three weeks ago and it was just as advertised. We walk in the neighborhood surrounding the JCC and stopped on the way out, on the way back and at the end to do some exercises with resistance bands. I felt the walking was probably slower than what I do on my own, but I liked the addition of the other exercises which I don’t do on my own.



I had to miss the next class due to an event at my 7 year old’s school and then there was no class last week because of Passover so yesterday was my second class.



They veered from the description in the program guide.



We alternated walking the strollers along a gravel track with circuit training on the outdoor basketball courts. We were even asked to run some of the laps.



I liked the addition of the circuit training, I am feeling it in my back and shoulders today and I need that kind of exercise. I panicked at the addition of running. I didn’t do it.



I felt badly that I wasn’t doing what the trainer asked and also that I didn’t want to explain why I wasn’t doing it. I just said “I don’t run” which could mean any number of things. I wasn’t the only one not running and I did push myself and walked really fast but I still felt really uncomfortable.



It’s still so hard to talk about Eric to people who don’t know about him. I don’t think that’s ever going to change. And I’m still not ready to run.

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do and you don't have to explain it. Period. Walking is good enough.

    ReplyDelete