Sunday, April 24, 2011

#347 Eric in the Air

I’m waiting for the baby to wake up and eat so we can go walking. I have mentioned before that I live in a great neighborhood for walking. I love to look at the houses and the landscaping and I love the neighborly feel I get saying hi to all the other walkers, runners and bikers. I don’t think I’ve ever gone out and not seen anyone else.




When I first moved here I met a woman who is one of my best friends here. She and I used to get up REALLY early and go walking in the neighborhood. She introduced me to the “booty loop”—the path taken by the co-eds at Queens University, and really pushed me to go faster and longer.



When Eric visited he came with us on our walks. The two of them were in much better shape than I was and I hated that they walked ahead and pushed me to run at the same time that I liked that they got along. Eric also really liked our neighborhood and every time he visited he would walk or run in it.



We’ve only been here in Charlotte for 3 ½ years, but I have memories of Eric in and around my house and I’m grateful for them.



His pictures are all over my house and I know I’ll carry him with me wherever I go, but if we ever move I’ll be a little sad that I’m leaving the last place that Eric knew me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment