Thursday, April 7, 2011

#337 Blackout

For those of you who noticed that I again skipped a day of posting this week I say, it was not my fault!! I wasn’t sleeping or busy with the baby or out of ideas, we had a power failure. It lasted an entire day. Really.




There were huge storms in Charlotte and our power went out at about 3:00 am and didn’t come back on until about 8:00 pm. I actually had a blog written and ready to go but couldn’t get online to do it. I guess I could have gone to Starbucks or somewhere else to upload it, but I was too busy protecting my freezer full of breast milk. You moms out there will understand how important this is. Now the power is back on, the majority of the milk has been saved and I am back to blogging.



I was trying to think of power failures that Eric and I experienced together and I can’t think of one. The only really memorable one was one that happened when I was home alone. I was in late middle school or early high school and my parents were out to dinner in the city and Eric was sleeping over a friend’s house. I was by myself and all of sudden the power went out. It was not a stormy night and I could see that the power was on in the house next door and I got scared. I thought someone was trying to break in. I’ve always had an overactive imagination.



I can’t remember if I called my parents at the restaurant (no one had cell phones back then) and they told me to call Eric’s friend or if I just called, but somehow Eric’s friend’s cute older brother ended up coming over to stay with me. I was pleased with this outcome, although the older brother may not have been….



So even though Eric was not there with me during the blackout (which turned out to be a slow moving brownout, no bad guys in sight), he still provided me with a great night.



Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment